The workplace is one of the most important places to safeguard from external threats such as burglary, data theft, business secrets exploitation etc. among others. As such, security precautions are commonly adopted by organizations. By eliminating the threat to security, you and your employees can gain greater peace of mind, which will boost their productivity. Installing a comprehensive and strong security system in your workplace is a proactive approach to dangers of physical, online and offline nature. Thanks to such a security system, you can foster the safety of your business, employees and customers.
However, prior to installing a security system you must analyse possible threats to your organization and identify your company’s weak spots. Although it is hard to foresee every possible threat, implementing a security system increases your chances of protecting your physical assets, employees and customer data when a dangerous situation arises.
Some Points to Consider When Installing A Security System
- How are entrances and doors controlled?
- How can a visitor be identified?
- How many staff members have access to confidential information?
- Is there a need for a sophisticated security system or can you do with general access cards?
- Do employees know how to react in case of a dangerous situation such as a break-in, loitering etc.?
After finding answers to these questions, it is time for you to determine whether your organization needs a professional to install the system or you want to try DIY.
Professional Security Installation
In case of you requiring a broad system with various entryway and window sensors, indoor surveillance cameras and outside cameras you will have to go ahead with a professional security installer. However, be prepared to schedule some of your time with the installer as well as allocate adequate funds in your budget for this purpose. Further, this system may not work for those sitting on rented premises.
A professional installation is easier, though DIY installation might be cheaper. Most of the professionally installed systems require professional monitoring. It comes with a security assessment and system tutorial. And you get to sit back and relax while a professional who undertakes to do commercial electrical services installs the security system for your organization.
Workplace Security System Guidelines
- A good intrusion detecting alarm system should be in place
- Additional second layer security system should be in place for sensitive assets
- Conventional tumbler locks ought to be kept away from and present-day electric locks ought to be utilized
- Indications of various zones and unapproved zone access ought to be introduced
- Solid border and drop roof security system ought to be embraced for delicate regions
- Single direction detached peepholes are attractive in the place of business for approved physical security
- Various layers and zones of security for various affectability levels ought to be actualized
- The public area should not have any data or internet connections
- Consistent testing of the security systems should be performed
- All staffs should be provided with valid ID cards, access cards and badges
- Master key at all times be securely locked
- Exacting consistence of access control arrangement with no special case ought to be pursued
- All communication equipment and closets should be protected and connected with an alarm system
- A proper record of visitors and other people should be maintained
- Regular checks for any update on office security suggestions in the industry